Wednesday, August 3, 2011

my go-to-tops

So recently I was cleaning out my closet for a garage sale. I probably speak for all of us when I say that it's so hard to figure out what to keep & what to toss...right?!?! I always have the hardest time, because I hate throwing away clothes. I feel like there's always a way to make something look cute, so why throw away!??! Anyways, the other day I recorded a video on my beauty channel with my best & worst items in my closet... and I kinda thought I would do something similar for my blog. I decided to change it up a bit and do my Top 10 Favorite Tops in my closet :) (These tops are just my everyday summer favorites)



(From left to right)
- Topshop orange-ish cropped blouse: I got this from London a couple weeks ago, so it hasen't been worn that much, YET! I wore this yesterday for the first time with my distressed Levi denim shorts and a black belt... loved it! 

- Topshop blue floral blouse: I also got this top from London... in sale ;)! I haven't worn it yet, but I'm thinking with a pair of skinnys and a pair of cute casual heels! 

- Forever 21 beige silk top: This used to be the shirt that I could just throw on with anything and call it a day... definitely have to get myself a new one. 

- Urban Outfitters beaded creme top: My favorite top to wear to the clubs! My boyfriend got me this top before going to my 21st birthday in Vegas! I absolutely loved the neckline detail.  Just pair with a body-con black skirt and a pair of black or nude pumps and it's perfect for the nightlife! 

- White flowy tank: I can't remember where I got this top from, but what I do remember is that I fell in love with the ruffles on the front. Im not a fan of a top having too much detail in the front, but I felt this was just right :)


(From left to right)
- Forever 21 white oversized top: Cute story actually... I saw my sister's best friend wear this top and fell in love with it! The same day, my sister went to the mall and came home with that yellow bag (the shirt was inside!) I thought it was one of the cutest things ever :) The entire back of the top has this lace looking design going on, which just makes it that much cuter! I wore it that night to a bar with denim skinnys and my Steve Madden brown wedges... perfect for the beautiful summer nights. 

- Urban Outfitters high and low tank top: This is also another top my boyfriend got me for my birthday in Vegas. At first I just looked at it like a clubbing top, but I was completely mistaken! This was probably my most worn top in Vegas; NOT because it was new and I always wear my new tops for days after I buy them, but because it was so versatile. During the day it looked so cute thrown over a bathing suit with a pair of white shorts and at night it worked with high-waisted black shorts or a black high-waisted body-con skirt... either one! 

- Lauren Conrad floral zipper tank: I fell in love with this top as soon as I saw the zipper detail in the front. Looks great with shorts, pants and leggings!

- Cotton On coral tank: This was probably the first bright shirt that I've bought in a while. There was a black, leopard, blue and coral... I just thought I needed a bit of color in my closet, especially during the summer! 

- Nordstrom brown tank: love love love love loooveeee this top! I think it's more the back that I'm in love with... sheer & long! Just throw it over a bathing suit or a bandeau with shorts and you're ready to hit Venice or Santa Monica! 

Always classy,

Rosie


No comments:

Post a Comment